Wednesday 9 April 2014

Module: 1 -Activity 3 Reflection Social Cognitive Theory




What have my learners reaction taught me about learning and teaching? Based on my teaching, learning and interactions with my learners and doing the readings from this activity. I have learnt that we can acquire new behaviours from simply observing and imitating others. This is referred to as modelling. This theory was originally referred to as social learning theory, but increasingly cognitive processes to explain learning have been included in the theory; hence the name social cognitive theory. As an Educator we have a strong influence on our learners they mimic us and it is important to use this position to be good role models for them, even more so in our teaching and learning practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment