Friday 11 April 2014

Module: 1 -Activity 5 Reflection Developmental Psychology


Developmental psychology is a continuous process which happens throughout our lives. It determines how individuals change over a time and what factors contribute to these changes. This activity helped me to better understand how learners differ from each other and that they are not necessary at the same stages of development. Knowing how my learners grow and develop will enable me as an educator to create learning experiences suitable to meet their needs.
Some contributing factors:
·         Physical development
·         Social relations
·         Emotional development
·         Personality development
·         Moral development(perceptions of what is right and wrong)
·         Cognitive ability(thinking, processing information, learning)


As an educator I play a significant role in my learners’ development. I work closely with them on a daily basis along with the parents and other members of the community. With that level of understanding of what my learners needs are I can support them to develop in the best way possible. Most importantly I learnt that learners need love, care and support and teachers and parents play a major role in shaping our learners future.

No comments:

Post a Comment